|Water tower on the campus of Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
As a weird aside, there are a handful of teams at the NFL and college level that fall into this category. For no reason whatsoever and in a tangent that means nothing to this post I will subject you to those right now:
- Clemson (I think I loved the purple jersey/orange pants combo and the name "death valley" just seemed appropriately intimidating).
- North Carolina State (I was a little brother, and I feel like few schools play little brother more than NC State does. Go Wolfpack!)
- UCLA. No explanation, I just did, so deal with it.
- Dolphins (Dan Marion to Mark Super Duper was impossible not to cheer for)
- LA Rams (Eric Dickerson was just the man. That is all.)
- The Indianapolis Colts (the Rams traded Dickerson, so my fandom followed).
Needless to say, the venue was one of the best I've ever been to and the fans were fantastic. I'd definitely recommend any college football fan take a trip to Texas A&M to take in a game.
Here's some useful Texas A&M links for current or prospective fans!